Waubetek is committed to "Investing in the Aboriginal Business Spirit". In keeping with our vision, Waubetek presents educational bursaries of $500 each to applicants who fulfill the following required criteria.
- Must be a registered band member of one of the 27 partnering First Nation communities in the Waubetek service area (a copy of First Nation status card is required as proof)
- Letter of support from an Aboriginally owned business or a Professor/Instructor
- Proof of enrollment in a full-time Business, Accounting, or Economic degree or diploma program (copy of most recent transcript required)
- Must provide a mininum 300 word essay
- Must provide a completed application form
- Must submit a head shot photo of yourself
Waubetek's 16th Annual Golf Charity Classic
On Friday, August 18, 2017, the Waubetek Business Development Corporation will once again host the Waubetek Charity Golf Classic at the Rainbow Ridge Golf Course on beautiful Manitoulin Island! Proceeds from the golf tournament will be donated to the 2018 Waubetek Student Bursary Fund which supports Aboriginal post-secondary students in business related studies. With the help of our sponsors over the past years, this event has been able to assist 74 Aboriginal post-seondary students through $37,000.00 in bursaries.
The format for the one-day tournament will be a 4-Person Scramble. For only $500.00 a team ($125.00 a player), participants will enjoy 18 holes of golf on the best golf course Manitoulin Island has to offer. The entry fee also includes your cart, dinner, gift, and awards reception. Additional Sponsorship level opportunities are available on our registraton package.
If you are unable to participate, you are also welcome to donate to the Waubetek Student Bursary Fund directly via cheque/certified payable to "Waubetek Business Development Corporation" if you wish.
If you have any question or would like to confirm your registration or sponsorship, please call our tournament coordinator, Ryan Corbiere, at our office at (705) 285-4275.
Team Prize Sponsor
Click here for the online fillable form