Waubetek is committed to “Investing in the Aboriginal Business Spirit”. In keeping with our vision, Waubetek presents educational bursaries of $500.00 each to applicants who fulfill the following required criteria.
* Must be a registered member of one of the 27 partnering First Nations communities in the Waubetek service area (a copy of First Nation status card is required as proof)
* Must provide a letter of support from Aboriginal owned business OR a Professor/Instructor
* Proof of enrollment in a full-time Business, Accounting or Economic degree or diploma program (Copy of most recent transcript required)
* Must provide a minimum 300 word Essay
* Must provide a completed application form
* Must submit a head shot photo of yourself
Three ways to submit your application and supporting documents. (Please check back soon for the 2019 Student Bursary Application).
1) Mail or Courier
Waubetek Business Development Corporation
c/o Youth Committee
6 Rainbow Valley Road, P.O. Box 209
Birch Island, ON P0P 1A0
2) Email: waubetek%23com|waubetek
3) Fax: (705) 285-4584
Contact Waubetek Business Development Corporation at 705-285-4275
Congratulations to the 2018 Waubetek Student Bursary recipients: Martha Wabegijig, Quinn Meawasige, Andrew (Andy) Manitowabi, Ruby Panamick, and Zonya Jacobs. From the Waubetek Board and staff, we wish you all continued success in completing your post-secondary education.